Monday, January 28, 2008

Sex, Drugs, and... well, just sex.

Due to the lack of good rock music (thanks for that, Nickelback), this post will focus on sex. It is going to be heavily linked, but I promise they will make it entertaining. Particularly criminal law surrounding prostitution . I will use my own Commonwealth of Virginia as the basis for my arguments and observation.

So doing a little bit of sex-related-crime research, I found it is illegal to keep a 'bawdy place'. Congratulations RK, you just committed a crime, you disgusting stain upon my gleaming alabaster Commonwealth. Your apartment most certainly qualifies as a bawdy place, given the amount of consensual lewdness that goes on there. The following evidence was drawn by an unnamed witness to activity within the premises of RK's apartment/bawdy place:

"Oh RK, I want you to gain knowledge of me carnally through the anus or by the mouth!"
"But of course darling, I will voluntarily submit to such carnal knowledge"
"Let's commit a crime against nature, my sweet"

Stop right there! Crimes against nature? I thought those were struck down due to Lawrence v. Texas!? Well, my great Commonwealth has chosen to defy the vile activist judges, and join other great, modern, free places in standing up against sexual deviance! On that map, Virginia is the shining red bastion of hope in the USA, joining together with a diverse coalition of well-meaning Islamic Republics, never-corrupt African and Latin American governments, and of course, Cuba! 1-5 years in prison for consensual non-commercial, private sex, however, is a slap on the wrist. Upgrade to the death penalty!

Well I just deviated from my original train of thought, so let's get back to it.

So in Virginia, once you catch a hooker, it is appropriate to confine them in a prison, a county farm, or a hospital. County farm?



Geez its cold out here guys. I wish those hookers would leave so we can have our barn back.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that our current laws regarding prostitution and 'crimes against nature'(among other things) are antiquated and need a very quick revamping. Don't ask me what to do about it though. I only think that punishing the prostitute makes about as much sense as punishing the drug user. Rehabilitation makes a lot more sense if you want to focus on eliminating a problem.

So um.... RK needs to post soon.

No comments: