Friday, January 11, 2008

Spo (mosexuolitics)

This blog is in danger of being renamed sexuolitics! While yes, this has been the off-season for most of my favorites, there have been some things going on in the world of sports! I have briefly touched on the horrors of the college post-season, which can be summed up by this:




Yes, this is an actual bowl game logo. To a pretty decent bowl game. Congratulations. You have 9 wins this season. For your hard work, come play in an ambiguous corporate bowl-game with nothing on the line aside from an ambiguous corporate looking trophy and possibly meeting corporate spokesman George Foreman. TL has coordinated the newest and most exciting bowl yet, with the logo below:



Held each year in Houston, the Enron Bowl will join other great corporate bowls with a long history of.... something or another. Annual prolific collapse Michigan State will receive an automatic bid, unless out-collapsed by another team, or offered a BCS bowl bid, in which case the Rose Bowl has once again failed us all. Referee's will be seen as whistle-blowers, and subsequently fired from the game, leaving only Pac-10 officials worthy of joining in on the corruption! The trophy will be made of the bones of middle-class children.

Okay, clearly there needs to be a new system here. The current system reflects the direction our economy is headed: the elite are rewarded, while occasionally an underdog (Hawaii, Boise State) story is presented to make everyone feel good. The middle class is lauded for its hard work with some meaningless excuse for a party, and never has a chance to prove itself. While more of a college football fan than any other sport.... I'm going to go on and say that March Madness is better.

Speaking of march madness... NCAA basketball has begun! They might as well call everything before January the preseason. It doesn't really mean anything. Even big matchups just aren't any fun to watch. I fell asleep, shirtless, on my bed... bag of chips in hand, soda nearby.... and when I woke up, Louisville was STILL sucking. Not that I'm even a fan of the Cards. My point here is that nothing makes you feel like a bigger waste of life than waking up shirtless with lay's potato chips on your chest, and I feel like early season NCAA is fully responsible for how I felt.

In other news, a new sport has materialized that I have never heard of. Previously played only inside rather large, dark arenas, this new sport "hockey" (Hah-kee) has risen from the underground rinks of large cities to a beautiful outdoor venue.

I won't lie, I know nothing about hockey, and dismissed it as a useless sport, but upon witnessing hockey on an HDTV.... where the puck is actually visible.... it's not so bad! For a Canadian sport. Anyway, seeing total stud Sidney Crosby (he's only 18!) win the shootout during a snowstorm in an outdoor rink was pretty cool. Very epic. NHL actually got some points for me. And it wasn't just because Sidney, being Canadian, is marriage material for all of us homosexuals.




OK. So maybe my crush IS responsible for my sudden lenience towards the sport of the prairies.

Well, thats it for now. A short post to let you know I haven't forgotten the spo.

No comments: